Friday, February 12, 2010

Where Has All the Time Gone?

It has been over seven months since I posted anything on my blog. Where has the time gone? I guess I need to get going again on the Santa Barbara Subdivision. I did not realize that people actually read and followed the exploits in the garage until Bill Decker approached me in October at the Southern Pacific Historical and Technical Society Convention in San Luis Obispo asking why I had not posted since July 3, 2009. I told him I would be posting soon. When Bill saw me at the end of January this year, he asked again. So, Bill, this post is for you!


The day after the last post I flew to Hartford, Connecticut to participate in the 2009 NMRA convention. The week was wonderful and sometime in the near future I will tell you all a little about the week. The following three weeks, my wife and I traveled north to Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Maine and returned south to Massachusetts (Martha's Vineyard) and Connecticut before returning home.


In October my wife traveled with me to Colorado to attend Rocky Ops North where we joined with other model railroad operators from around the country, operating on some great layouts.


I had a work day on the railroad October 6, 2009 with help from my local model railroad club. I will report on that in a separate post. We put in some supports for a second level. Yes, I am going up to level two.


At the Hartford convention I attended a clinic by Bob Hamm about building a helix. Even though I had a helix in already it was temporary and I am now in the process of putting in another larger more complex helix. More on another post.





Right now I am trying to get over a psychological "hump". Many of the areas of the layout have accumulated material on the horizontal surfaces. A problem that I am constantly battling.


The second level will include Surf and the branch to Lompoc and the White Hills diatomaceous mine complex. The main line will continue north past Vandenberg Air Force Base and approach the Santa Maria Valley. I will try to be better at making progress and reporting to all of you on that progress.








Tie strips and hoppers on the shelf where the diatomaceous mine is planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment