Thursday, July 2, 2009

Structures and a Little Scenery

Until I actually start scratchbuilding structures, I have been putting mock-ups around to help both visitors and myself envision what the scene is to look like. I take photos of the structure and then attach them to cardboard or styrofoam blocks and place them in the approximate location. The photo at the top of the blog is of the Santa Barbara Station. Currently, it is one of the styrofoam block structures. The Carpinteria Depot is from plans that I have copied and pasted on another styrofoam block. I also took a photo of the railroad bridge across Carpinteria Creek and will eventually use a couple of MicroEngineering deck girder bridges to model it.

Here are some of the photos and the mock-ups.




























The area around Santa Barbara that I model used to have 3 or 4 lemon packing houses and I plan to model at least two of them. Just for fun I decided to model a lemon grove. I found an on line clinic from the Corona Model Railroad Society http:/www.cmrsclub.org/clinic_trees.html
I also found a lemon stand on-line.  After adding some people, vehicles and smudge pots almost looks like you could stop for some lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment