Thursday, July 2, 2009

Track

Just as in other aspects of the railroad, I do not limit my track work to one style. In staging, I have used code 100 with Atlas turnouts. Once out of staging, I have been using Central Valley Tie Strips and Central Valley Turnouts. http://www.cvmw.com/ I use code 83 or code 80 on the mainline, code 70 in the sidings and have a few industrial spurs that are laid with code 55.

Here are some photos of track laying in the West Staging Yard.




















.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here are some photos of the almost completed yard during wiring. I place feeders in every three foot section. In yards these feeders go to strategically placed terminal blocks which are fed off the power bus.





















.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here are some photos of the Carpinteria area with the Central Valley tie strips being laid in place. The syrofoam block is a place holder for the Carpinteria depot. The section along the thin walls also shows the transition from the homosote to the spline.

No comments:

Post a Comment